As a community service nonprofit — a 501(c)(4) organization — SkillShare maintains partner relationships with other nonprofit organizations in the community who are also working to promote social well-being.
Some of our individual members who are closely affiliated with a nonprofit organization choose to sign up that nonprofit as a SkillShare member. Members who volunteer time to their affiliated nonprofit then earn TimeDollars for their volunteer work. They also encourage other SkillShare members to volunteer with that nonprofit. SkillShare encourages individuals who are affiliated with a nonprofit to enroll their nonprofit as an organizational member.
Organizational Members include:
- Cool Girls Science and Art Club seeks to build confidence through accomplishment by encouraging girls of all socioeconomic backgrounds who attend elementary school to have fun working with women in science as they master the tools of science and art and contribute to their community.
- LifeSpark Cancer Resource offers comfort and support to cancer patients by providing reiki and healing touch massage. This service is based on the idea that a calm mind and a comfortable body can transform the cancer experience, and the conviction that no one should go through cancer alone.
- Luminous Thread is a production company formed in 2012 to present and tour the large-scale collaborative art projects developed by Mary Lin, Ben Sargent, and a host of other collaborators from Colorado and around the world. Combining classical and other world music genres with many dance forms, comedic and physical theatre traditions, poetry, circus arts, visual design, fanciful museum-quality costumes and props, Luminous Thread strives to keep opera fresh, alive, accessible, and affordable.
- Nice-World practices healing massage, permaculture gardenening, and personal presence to transfigure and celebrate community and all creatures for healing people and the planet.
- Stoll Foundation for Holistic Health seeks to improve individual’s lives through health education, providing lasting and inexpensive solutions for disease reversal through self-care and healthy lifestyle support (taking into account that conventional medical evaluation may be needed).
- Transition Colorado is a community of citizens that believes we have the power to build community resilience and self-reliance in the face of peak oil and climate change, so that all species will be able to meet their basic needs while maintaining a healthy planet.
In addition, SkillShare members volunteer with a variety of other community nonprofits on a more informal basis. They receive TimeDollars for that work as well.