Welcome to SkillShare
SkillShare is a Time Bank headquartered in Boulder, CO, that connects residents of the Colorado front range to each other and to community service organizations. SkillShare allows the exchange of services through the use of time credits (known as TimeDollars) which constitute an alternative currency based on time rather than cash. For every hour you spend doing something for someone in the SkillShare community, you earn one TimeDollar. Then you have one TimeDollar to spend on having someone do something for you. Simple, but powerful, both for you and for your new community.
Membership Potlucks are held occasionally to support the community. Prospective members are welcome. Visit our meetup.com community page for more information.
Upcoming New Member Orientations are typically held:
- third Monday at 4 p.m. in central Boulder
- twice a month on Wednesdays at 7 p.m. at the 29th Street Mall
- once a month on a weekday at Ozo’s at 6 p.m. in the Village Center in Longmont
- second Sunday of the month at Ziggi’s in Longmont at 11 a.m.
- third Saturday in North Boulder at noon
- fourth Saturday in Lyons at 11 a.m.
Please check our meetup.com calendar to see exact times and dates and sign up! We might have to cancel an event in the case of an emergency or holiday.
Board Meetings, all members are welcome to sit in. Held Monday evenings from 6 to 8 PM. Location (TBA):
- Check back here in January for the 2017 board meeting schedule.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information about any of these events!
TimeDollars create benefits for individuals, families, and organizations by providing affordable access to services and opportunities for giving back. This “win-win” is the foundation for positive community building and social change. Within Time Banking, everyone’s skills are equally valued and everyone benefits. SkillShare is all about helping. SkillShare members do that when they
- Make exchanges with each other
- Volunteer time to one of our Partners
Read more about SkillShare.
SkillShare is mentioned in an article in the business section of the Longmont Times Call (September 1, 2013).
Check out this article about SkillShare in The Daily Camera.